A fully integrated telephone system offers so much more than just extensions/handsets on desks & the ability to talk to colleagues, suppliers & customers. Done correctly, the overlap between computers & phones can deliver all sorts of communications benefits. Our experience & expertise means we are extremely well placed to help you implement fully integrated computer telephony systems. Requirements vary but broadly speaking our key telephony offering is a cloud-based, hosted solution called Horizon by a company called Gamma & it is one of the most popular telephony systems in the UK. Listed below are the key reasons why we think you should be looking to us to implement your telephony strategy.
- Rather than just having the traditional handset/extension on the desk, we can put extensions on your mobiles. This is especially useful for staff who are often away from their desk but would still like to be contactable & don’t want to carry around a mobile & a cordless.
- If your staff make/receive a lot of calls at their desk while using a computer, instead of a clumsy awkward headset connected to the handset/extension, we can do away with the handset all together & provide you with a wireless earpiece. This leave two hands free for the keyboard & mouse plus a load more desk space with less tangled up wires.
- You shouldn’t need to wait to get back to your desk to collect your voicemail in this day & age. With Horizon we integrate it into Outlook – you get the usual voicemail “flashing lamp” on your extension at your desk but the integration means you’ll get the same message in your inbox. This is great if you are out & about. You can collect & deal with your voicemail messages from anywhere.
- Additional Outlook integration features include dial from the desktop. So instead of picking the phone up & dialling a number, if the person you want to call is in your Outlook, you click on the phone symbol next to their name & “hey presto” your ringing them!
- Your computer system can help with incoming calls as well. We can configure Horizon to route calls from particular customers to particular extensions & at the same time for the computer screen at that extension to open up the customer details within your customer database.
- Does your business have more than one set of premises? Horizon might be ideal for you. One phone system for everyone regardless of location. Highly scalable, always up-to-date, future-proof, secure & ticks all the boxes in terms of disaster recovery.
- Horizon has a sophisticated call reporting package. A good example of a popular report is as follows. I’m sure you find it annoying that when the phones are busy, you miss calls. Might one of those calls have been an order? Wouldn’t it be useful if first thing every morning you get a report in your email from the phone system listing all the unreturned missed calls from the day before. That list might only run to two or three numbers – but at least you’ve got those numbers in-front of you & you can do something about it. These are the kinds of practical/useful reports we can configure Horizon to provide you with.
- Considering working from home a bit more often? Because Horizon is cloud based you aren’t tied to your desk handset/extension. You can make/receive calls from anywhere just the same as if you were in the office at your desk.
- Additional features in Horizon include call recording that is fully MiFID II compliant, wall-boards for instant reporting of things like how many callers are waiting in a queue as well as auto-attendant call routing.
- Gamma, the provider of Horizon, is an accredited supplier to the Health and Social Care Network (HSCN). This relationship strengthens our knowledge & ability to deliver our portfolio of services to our NHS supplier clients.
So here’s your call to action. Start taking advantage of the huge potential benefits to your business of the proper use of telephony properly integrated into your computer systems.